Currently New York City is at a high level of COVID-19 transmission. During this time, schools should limit nonessential visitors coming into the building during the school day. Schools are encouraged, where possible, to address visitor and parent concerns by phone or computer. Principals and designated staff may conduct meetings remotely where possible.
In order to protect staff and students in DOE buildings, all visitors wishing to enter DOE buildings must show proof of having at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccination. Visitors do not include students attending school in a DOE building.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is one of the following:
- A CDC Vaccination Card; a photo or photocopy is also acceptable.
- A NYC Vaccination Record or other official immunization record from within or outside the US, including from a health care provider. A photo or photocopy of this card is also acceptable.
- NYC COVID Safe App on Android or iOS.
- Excelsior Pass or Excelsior Pass Plus .
- DOE COVID-19 Vaccine Portal.
An acceptable COVID-19 vaccination includes one dose of any COVID-19 vaccine fully authorized or authorized for emergency use by the FDA or WHO.
If a visitor (*THIS INCLUDES PARENTS AND GUARDIANS*) wishes to enter a DOE building but is unable or unwilling to show proof of vaccination upon sign in, the visitor may not enter the building absent emergency circumstances. Additionally, any visitor to the building must show identification, complete the daily health screening and wear a face covering at all times while on DOE property.